Ptarmigan operated in Tallinn from 2011-2014. This website exists as an archive of its activities during this time. We no longer maintain any presence in Tallinn, but some people involved with Ptarmigan are now operating Temporary in Helsinki.
Aware and unaware members of the Fictiocracy movement (1) are being called for Operation no. 27C (2)! Operation of Sappers Mining Under the Citadel of Gregorian Juncture is calling exactly you! It's calling till 24 November (3)! If you miss this opportunity, there will never be another!
Anyone thinking of breaking a ritual among the most ritualistically dense time of the calendar (4), your place is with us! Anyone who is a fictionaut (5), step forward! Anyone worrying about practicalities, let it go (6)!
We are meta-reality social movement that has a place for everyone, with everyone in his/her place! If you decide to join us, we congratulate you here and now and invite to manipulate the environment, and the people within it, under the spell of the Holiday Spirit (4)!
But hurry, be sure not to miss the 45th anniversary of Apollo 8's return to Earth. We start on 27 December 2013, at 10:51 a.m. EST (7) in Tallinn, Estonia, never to reopen again! Accursed be anyone who doesn't believe us!
(1) Fictiocracy is a meta-reality social movement -- a subversive, persistent and systematic declaration of rights for life according to fiction.
The prevalent paradigm of reality, based on the collaboration of shared "meaning" with sensual "concreteness", is like a fortress, built to shield us from the full wilderness of our lives.
Yet the walls of this fortress are as fictive as any. Ultimately, we govern ourselves by our creations: Things such as societal forms, or the laws that actualize them, are creations comparable to novels or movies -- hence, they can be observed as fictional works. The fortress has always been infiltrated, made from the very matter it seeks to resist.
Fictiocracy incorporates our fabrication, and the processes that go along with it, into our reality, without branding them as second-class citizens and inconsequential participants. It acknowledges the presence of the fictitious and articificial in the very soil of our lives. We depend on fiction -- this is not something that should be minimized, with an apologetic air, but exploited in a celebratory manner. We can create the reasons for our existence. Our beliefs, our manner of being can stand proudly on fabricated roots.
Our reality is already a work of creation, a texture of our fabrication. It's time that we started to live like it.
(2) Another embodiment of Migrating Art Academies, hosted by Ptarmigan between 27 Dec 2013 - 2 Jan 2014 in Tallinn, Estonia.
(4) The surrounds of the New Year's Eve: A time of subservience to our common practices, their constraints offering a fenced form of freedom. Revelry by rules, party by the numbers. What can be created with such material? How does it react? How can we modify its behavior?
(5) Anyone interested in co-operation between arts and all other fields (not limited to activism, anthropology, game design, performance, etc.) which serve the creation of innovative architectures of social convention and utopian fantasy productions. Anyone willing to blur the borders between art, social rituals and life itself by any accessible means, whether altering the norms of New Year's Eve or re-designing the organisations which host them.
(6) Travel costs are covered, accommodation and food are provided.
(7) 27 December 2013, 5:51 p.m. local time.